We encourage you to apply for assistance; see the qualifications below.
Copay Assistance Organizations
These sister charities are also dedicated to helping people afford life-changing treatments and medications.
- Patient must be diagnosed with a covered disease and program must be accepting enrollments
- Patient must have a valid Social Security number to apply for assistance and receive treatment in the United States
- Patient must be seeking assistance for a prescribed medication that is FDA approved to treat the covered diagnosis
- Patient must have valid medical insurance with at least 50% coverage of the cost of the treatment, excluding deductibles
- Patient income level must be at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
- Sodium Benzoate
Hereditary urea cycle abnormality is an inherited condition. It can cause problems with the removal of waste from the body in the urine. People with a urea cycle disorder are missing a gene that makes the enzymes needed to break down ammonia in the body. (Source: NIH; US National Library of Medicine)